A few random things to share this Monday:
- I’ve been loving this workout when I need a running break but still want to move. The instructor isn’t annoying at all which is a huge perk.
- Two soups we’ve liked recently:vegan sweet potato chowder and roasted brussel sprouts and cauliflower soup. Both were so delicious and immediately got moved to my “eat again” pinboard.
- I ran 9 miles on Saturday which I think is the most I’ve run since the marathon in November. February 13 kicks off ultra training, so I’m gearing myself up for even earlier mornings and longer miles. I’m both ready to get into it and glad I still have a few more weeks.
- A couple weeks ago I said I needed to fix something and Molly walked over, opened the kitchen drawer, got out a screwdriver, and handed it to me. At 18 months old. She’s crazy aware of what’s going on and also prone to tantrums right now. But in between just wants eye contact, hugs, and to be wrestled.
- Dave and I have decided what animal each of our kids remind us of: Leo is a dog – he likes to play but also to relax and be alone. He’s social but needs time to just chill. Katie is a cat – she likes affection on her terms, she sleeps hard and long, she can be moody but also so charming. Molly is a puppy – social and just wants to play and be around people and get into things. Do any of your kids remind you of animals?