We were on vacation last week at Kelleys Island – a small island in the middle of Lake Erie, near Cedar Point. We enjoyed golf carting around the island, throwing rocks in the water, hiking, and more. It was really great. There’s little to no cell service on the island, so it’s a great way to disconnect as well. As always, I got quite a bit of reading done! Here are the books I read while I was away. Bonus: I would recommend each of them!
- Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave
- Wild in the Hollow by Amber Haines
- Back When We Were Grown-ups by Anne Tyler
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- Falling Free by Shannan Martin (Shannan is a dear friend to me and this book is truly amazing – funny, thought-provoking, honest, and just beautiful. It’s challenging but not preachy and it’s a very true representation of who Shannan is and how she lives. I’m so proud of her! You can preorder her book here.)
I also started The Devil Amongst the Lawyers by Sharyn McCrumb and while it was slow to start, I’m enjoying it now that I’m in the middle!
What have you been reading lately?