Molly turned 6 months on December 28, so I guess she’s closer to 7 months now than 6. A few things about our littlest girl:
- She’s still working on crawling but definitely scooting around – sometimes on her belly, sometimes on hands and knees (she hasn’t figured out how to alternate her arms/legs yet, so it’s often a jump forward with both knees). She rolls and spins and can go forwards and backwards. She’s recently mastered an inchworm move to get forward.
- She loves to chat and she can’t smile without also kicking her legs and waving her arms aggressively. Seriously, every smile is full body.
- She still has the most beautiful blue eyes.
- We call her “little goat” because everrrrrything goes in her mouth.
- She’s eating baby food now and so far she’s had sweet potatoes, carrots, avocado, peas, green beans, prunes, pumpkin, and apples. She’s not a fan of avocado but does pretty well with the rest. She also likes puffs, but needs help with them – she can pick them up but hasn’t figured out how to release them into her mouth yet!
- She is very social, loves face time with people, and gets sad if she is left alone or if she sees you leave a room. She definitely wants to be part of the action.
- She’s sitting up fairly well on her own. She definitely still topples over, but she can hang out sitting up for a few seconds or more.
- Sucks her thumb for comfort but takes a pacifier to go to sleep.
- Loves: her toes, chewing on things, grabbing hair (Katie and I can attest to this), watching Leo and Katie, peekaboo, jumping, being held and talked to, splashing in the bath, her stuffed lamb, sleeping on her belly or side
- Dislikes: being alone, getting her face and hands wiped
- Schedule: takes two naps a day (8-10am, 1-3pm). Goes down around 7pm and up at 6am and is really inconsistent at night – still up every 3-4 hours, most nights. She’s often up in between that, too, needing to be resettled. It’s rare that she does a chunk longer than 2 hours without needing something – pacifier, rolled over, nursing, etc. Nurses every 3 hours or so during the day.
- Nicknames: Junie, Junebug (“Ju-buh!” as Katie always says it), Molly Junie, Juniper Berry, Mollygirl
- She goes to the doctor again at the beginning of February but I’d bet she’s 16 pounds or more. While she’s not overly chunky she’s by far our chubbiest baby (and we loooove it). She’s got delicious thigh rolls, hanging cheeks, and a soft little chin. She also seems very long, as she’s already in a lot of 9 month clothing (and size 3 diapers).
The past 6 (7) months have gone SO fast! Molly has been such a sweet and happy addition to our family with her big grins and belly laughs and chatter. We love watching her grow and can’t wait to find out more about her and who she is!
Also, two baby items that I didn’t have before but LOVE this time around:
- NoseFrida snot sucker. This gets snot out so easily and most of the time Molly doesn’t even seem bothered by it. It’s easy to clean, too. You can also move it around better to get different angles. When Molly had a cold at Christmas it was both horrifying and weirdly satisfying to see all the snot I sucked out. Highly highly highly recommend. (Thanks, Kelly!)
- Silicone teething necklace. This definitely isn’t a “need” but I bought this with Christmas money and really love it. I wear it everyday and I don’t think it looks like I’m wearing a baby toy. Molly loves to grab it and chew on it. It’s also washable (which reminds me to do that tonight).