January was my first month back running. I did my first postpartum run on January 1 and logged 59 miles for the month. I’ve been doing 3 miles most days, sometimes 2 if I’m really crunched for time or tired, and just once managed to get in 4 miles before duty called! I’m hoping to log more miles in February, maybe a couple more 4 milers or even 5 miles if the stars align. Realistically most days I’ll still hang at 3, but I’ve been trying to challenge myself with speed and yesterday did 3 miles in 24:24, which is really fast for me (it helps to use the treadmill)!
This week in meals:
- Monday: mexican lasagna – I did mine with corn tortillas in a 9×13 casserole dish. We loved this meal!
- Tuesday: zucchini, peppers, and green beans stir fry with rice noodles
- Wednesday: leftovers
- Thursday: chickpea crockpot soup
- Friday: lasagna rolls with tofu
- Saturday: split pea quinoa crockpot soup
- snacks: steel cut oatmeal muffins – we love these! Two would be great for a breakfast on the go, although we like just one for a snack. You could pack them full of nuts and seeds and dry fruit… although we love them with just chocolate chips. We’ll definitely be making another batch to keep on hand!
What have you been making lately?