Here’s what’s been going on around here lately, in words and pictures:
- Leo really “got” Christmas this year, which was a lot of fun for us. He came running down the stairs on Christmas morning shouting, “Ready for presents! Ready for presents!”
- My family all came to our house for a few days between Christmas and New Years. It was a packed house – 9 adults, 4 kids, and 1 newborn – and we ate a lot of food and had a ton of fun. One day we actually had 14 adults, 8 kids, and 1 newborn! Leo and his cousins decorated sugar cookies… well, Leo mainly ate the sugar off the table. Leo also learned how to play hide and go seek, which he loves. Dave and I have played it with him since everyone left and it’s a toss-up who enjoys it more!
- I’ve been doing a lot of walking lately but on Tuesday (the 31st) I got cleared to run! I ran 2 miles yesterday to kick off 2014. I walked twice but all in all felt good and was able to hold a decent pace. I’ll keep running but will be very cautious adding mileage – monitoring my milk supply to make sure it’s not taking a hit. I’m still trying to walk in the afternoons, too, because it feels good to keep moving when I’m not getting outside as much. I’m also trying to do Kimberly‘s January ab challenge to help strengthen my core postpartum.
- Kate also got weighed at my midwife appointment. At 6 weeks she is 22.5 inches and 8 pounds 12 ounces. At 2 weeks she was 7 pounds 3 ounces, so she is gaining weight really well! Since Leo struggled to gain weight (due to my low milk supply) Kate gaining so well is incredibly exciting and encouraging for me and Dave!
- I’ve been tearing through seasons of Chopped while I nurse. For awhile I was watching Hoarders, which is fascinating but a little depressing. So far Chopped hasn’t gotten old… but I’m open to suggestions! (I’m watching via Amazon Prime.) I’ve got some good books to read, so I really should skip TV for a bit and read!
- Leo played outside in the snow for the first time (he’s gone on walks in the snow but not out to just romp around). He loved it. Dave took him out while I hung out inside with Kate, but I was able to watch from the windows, which was really sweet.
So that’s some of what’s been happening around here! For now, most of my posts will probably be like this, as I just haven’t found the time to sit down and consistently write posts. So now and again I’ll pop in, with an update on running, a monthly update of Kate, some highlights of life, or a recipe. Or that’s the plan for now!
What have you been up to?