I was heavy on the books this month. As Dave can attest, I spent most of my spare time/evenings/weekends with my nose in a book. They just were all so darn good!
- The Supremes at Earl’s All-You-Can-Eat by Edward Kelsey Moore
- The House at Riverton by Kate Morton – My first time reading Kate Morton and I’m hooked.
- The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
- Lucky by Alice Sebold
- The Bonesetter’s Daughter by Amy Tan
- Gold by Chris Cleave – I loved Little Bee so I was excited to try another book by Chris Cleave. This one did not disappoint!
- The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
- One Thousand White Women: The Journals 0f May Dodd by Jim Fergus – If you take away any book from this list, make it this one. Based on history but with an ingenious twist, it’s fantastic. I plowed through it.
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver – Okay, and this one. I reread this book at least once a year and it never gets old. Ever. It gets better every time, actually. And this time I read it more as a mother and it struck entirely different notes with me.
- Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham – I was really intrigued to read this since it’s Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls!) first novel. It reads really quick but is funny and well done.
Really, any of those above books would be a great to read. Three of them were rereads for me (Lucky, The Bonesetter’s Daughter, Poisonwood Bible), but ones I would always recommend. Plus, you know they’re all really good if I can read 10 of them in a normal month. That means I was reading while brushing my teeth, reading past bedtime, reading in every spare crack of the day!
What books have you been reading lately?