I didn’t have any cravings when I was pregnant with Leo. There were things that sounded really really good, but nothing that was do-or-die. I guess I always assumed cravings were more intense from how people have talked about them – like they HAD to get to the store right then. But maybe my “that sounds really good” counts as a craving? I don’t know. In any case, here’s what I’ve been “craving” and avoiding lately!
- Brown rice and eggs. Eggs were on my aversions list for awhile, ever since the texture of one hardboiled egg just totally put me over the edge. The egg itself was fine. I just went nuts. Since then I haven’t been able to stomach the thought of eggs. But this past weekend in Cleveland my sister-in-law had a big container of brown rice in the fridge. I ended up scrambling eggs with the rice and devouring it. Ever since then it’s been a daily staple for me – either for breakfast or lunch. Good thing, too, since eggs are great for me!
- Chocolate chip cookies. More than any other sweet chocolate chip cookies just sound the best. Earlier this week I made a big batch. We won’t talk about how few cookies are left now, just three days later.
- Baked potatoes with cheese and broccoli. Love. Especially if the broccoli is super tender so it can kind of mash in with the potato. YUM.
- Yogurt. Lately yogurt has sounded SO good. I looked at the store the other day but so many yogurts have tons of sugar in them. I’m hoping to get some plain yogurt this week that I can spruce up with berries.
- Spinach. I still can’t stand the thought of spinach. No idea why. And it would be so good for me!
- Grilled cheese. I was big on grilled cheese for about 2-3 weeks, totally overdid it, and now they don’t sound very good to me.
And that’s about all so far! What are foods you’ve been craving or avoiding (pregnant or not, we all go through phases!)?