I ran 54 miles in April. Not my best month, but I was feeling pretty down-and-out exhausted from pregnancy, so I’m happy I got in any miles! Most mornings I’ve been doing 4 miles. I’d like to increase to 5 or 6, but I’ll have to see how that feels and if it leaves me super tired the rest of the day.
And the books of April:
- Autobiography of Us by Aria Beth Sloss
- Dinner A Love Story by Jenny Rosenstrach (memoir): I love love love food memoirs.
- Let’s Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson (nonfiction): Okay. This book has language… a lot of language. But the first four chapters or so, where she describes her childhood, had me cracking up so hard. I immediately wanted my sisters to read it because I knew they would love it, too. But yes, if you’re sensitive to language, this is NOT the book for you. At all.
- The Bathing Women by Tie Ning
- The Farming of Bones by Edwidge Danticat: Well hot dang, I found another book that’s as good as In the Time of the Butterflies and Poisonwood Bible. Go and read!!!
- The House Girl by Tara Conklin: Good book. I tore through it in about one Saturday.
- Speaking From Among the Bones by Alan Bradley: This is the third (?) book in the Flavia de Luce series. They’re mysteries, with the protagonist a 12 year old girl in England. They’re super fun to read – I recommend!
What did you run or read this month?