I feel like it’s been forever since I shared a recipe or talked about what we were eating over here. Not that any of you are holding your breath, dying to know what we’ve had. But this chili was delicious and it’s from the crockpot. Who loves dumping ingredients, pushing a button, and being done? This girl. Who also loves that it’s the season for chili and soups? This girl!
Lentil Bean Crockpot Chili
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 yellow/orange/red pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1c. dry lentils
- 2c. dry kidney beans, prepped*
- 3 150z. cans tomato sauce
- 1 15oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1t. salt
- 1t. cumin
- 2t. chili powder
- 1/4t. cayenne
- 2t. italian seasonings
- 1-2T. diced garlic (seriously, how can you go wrong with copious amounts of garlic?)
- 1/2c. nutritional yeast (optional)
Combine all ingredients in crockpot and cook on high for 6-8 hours. Serve plain or over pasta.
*To prep beans either soak them overnight or boil them for 5 minutes and allow to sit, covered, for an hour. Drain.
A chili poll for you: do you serve your chili over noodles? I love chili plain but there is a certain satisfaction to eating them over noodles. Yum.