September books were a crazy good bunch. I’ve got some must-reads on here! (Thank you to Shannan for some of the book recommendations!)
- Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James
Grade: B. A take off of Pride and Prejudice (continuing the story). Well-written and interesting.
- Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos
Grade: A. So good. One of those books where you really get lost in the voice of the book.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Grade: A+. Read this book. It’s beautiful and moving and funny and just incredible.
- The Solace of Leaving Early by Haven Kimmel
Grade: A+. Please see above. (So good!)
- In the Sea there are Crocodiles by Fabio Geda
Grade: A. Based on the true story of an Afghan refugee boy and his escape from Afghanistan (and journey to Italy). Amazing. And I loved the way it was written.
- The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan (nonfiction)
Grade: A. Warning: you will start to become paranoid about breast cancer after you read this, especially if you have a family history. Fair warning.
- Slow Way Home by Michael Morris
Grade: A. The epilogue was not my favorite – felt a little forced or cliche – but the rest was really good and so well done that it couldn’t ruin the book.
Have you read any of these books? What have you been reading?