Last week was a big running week for me – I broke 50 miles for the first time ever! Breaking 50 has been a goal of mine for awhile, but I haven’t quite been able to crack it. I was super excited to finally hit it! Here’s how it broke down for me:
- Sunday: rest day
- Monday: 4.5 miles in the morning, 3.3 miles at lunch, 6 miles in the evening
- Tuesday: 2.5 miles in the morning, 3.75 miles in the evening (5K plus run home)
- Wednesday: 4.5 miles in the morning
- Thursday: 2 miles in the morning, 2.5 miles at lunch
- Friday: 7.3 miles in the morning
- Saturday: 18.1 miles in the morning
Total: 54.7 miles
Leo’s breaking another tooth on top, so Saturday morning started early, with a 3:45am wake-up. Since I had planned on getting up about 4am anyway, I gave Leo a bottle and settled him back down, drank some coffee and ate some sweet potato muffins, then set off. I did a 7 mile loop and stopped by the house to see if Leo was ready to go, but he was still sleeping. Dave sent me out for another 7. When I got back to the house Leo and Dave were both ready to go. We strapped Leo in the stroller and took off running together. It was huge to have Dave with me the last 4 miles. I was getting tired and he took turns with the stroller and encouraged me to keep going. A deer fly definitely helped pick up my pace for a bit, too!
Sunday night Dave and Leo and I set out on a short family run/bike ride!
We did 4.5 miles and checked out a new running path in town.
How was your weekend?