My March reading mainly centered around March Madness. Dave found me an amazing basketball book from the library and it spiraled from there.
- The Language of Baklava by Diana Abu-Jaber
Grade: A. I love food memoirs. Food memoirs are the best.
- Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster
Grade: C. The book read fast and was funny, but the language was over the top and, at times, the author was kind of annoying.
- The Last Great Game: Duke vs. Kentucky and the 2.1 Seconds that Changed Basketball by Gene Wojciewchowski
Grade: A+. A++++++. I pretty much devoured this book. It details the game of 1992, where Duke beat Kentucky in a buzzer-beater, but also talks about the history of the schools and coaches leading up to the game. As an avid Kentucky fan (I was born in Kentucky) and a fan of Duke (my mom has always been a fan), it was glorious!
- Full Court Pressure by Rick Pitino
Grade: D. I love Kentucky basketball, but Rick Pitino can’t write a book. Yikes.
- Glory Road by Coach Don Haskins with Dan Weitzel
Grade: B+. Well-written, but questionable coaching tactics!
What good books have you written lately?
Are you a basketball fan? Who’s your team?