Good news! Leo had a weight check at the doctor’s yesterday and he’s now 13 pounds, 8 ounces, up from 12 pounds just a month ago! The nurse was really pleased with his progress and so were we!
Look at those cheeks! (Before the start of the half marathon… it’s kind of amazing he lasted over 2 hours in the stroller given the grumper face!)
I said yesterday that I’m trying to be more diligent about meal planning so there’s less scrambling for dinners. Here’s what I’ve planned for this week – and groceries have been bought as well!
- bell pepper pizza with cauliflower crust
- eggplant bharta
- black eyed pea jambalaya (which will probably be with a different bean because I couldn’t find black eyed peas at the grocery store!)
- veggie risotto in the rice cooker
- zucchini dark chocolate brownies
Depending, some of the recipes might not get made this week, but that just means I’m one step ahead of next week! Here was this week’s grocery list as well:
from Sam’s Club:
- frozen broccoli
- white onions
- shredded mozzarella
- shredded cheddar
- bell peppers
- frozen peas (for baby food)
- avocado (for baby food… and for us)
- frozen peaches (for baby food)
- 2 eggplants
- 1 can light coconut milk
- tomato paste
- 2 zucchinis
- 3 cans vegetable broth
- diced tomatoes with chiles
- 2 heads of cauliflower – one purple and one orange!
- red potatoes
- raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar (more on that soon!)
What meals are you making this week?