Are there certain things you buy every week at the grocery store? We seem to have a few items that come up almost every week:
- bell peppers (red, yellow, and orange) – we buy a 6 pack at Sam’s club. They get tossed in stir fry, sauteed for veggie wraps, or diced for soups
- spinach – we go through a tub or 2 in one week, easy. Spinach is a base for smoothies, for salads, and also for wraps.
- avocado – Dave puts avocado in his smoothies. Or we mash them up for guacamole. But lately we’ve been going through them double-time because they’re Leo’s favorite! We buy 6 at a time from Sam’s Club.
- fruit – generally whatever is on special, so right now that’s cutie oranges and then maybe grapes or apples or pears
- broccoli – big frozen bag from Sam’s Club for stir fry, a side dish, or tossed with pasta.
- kale – Dave puts kale in his smoothies. I’ll sometimes wilt it with soba noodles for a quick dinner.
- eggs – Dave’s big into hard boiled eggs for a snack right now (and Mosie loves getting a little bit of egg yolk!). I love them diced on a salad. And sometimes we make veggie fried rice with egg – so delicious!
Other items that are bought frequently but maybe not quite once a week:
- whole wheat tortillas
- white sweet onions
- soy milk
- dark chocolate
- Breyer’s natural vanilla ice cream (it’s the best!)
- semisweet chocolate chips
What are some of your grocery staples that you buy every week?