The winner of the reader recipe poll is grilled rosemary and chickpea sandwiches. Recipe and review Friday morning!
Dave and I do a good portion of our grocery shopping online, on amazon.com. We’re able to get a lot of bulk dry goods for a better price than we can find in stores. Here are our top 10 most-bought products:
- Steel cut oats. We loooove oatmeal, especially during on cold winter mornings!
- Sunland Natural Peanut Butter. We love that it’s just peanuts, not extra oil or extra salt. It’s very creamy and super delicious. Plus, we can buy it in bulk. Dave loves to snack on “peanut butter popsicles” (a spoon dipped in peanut butter) and we go through pb really quickly!
- Raw cacoa nibs. Dave loves these in peanut butter or on ice cream or oatmeal. They’re far too bitter for me.
- Nutritional yeast. We eat yeast on a lot of things – soup, stir fry, salads, in sauces, on chili, etc. Everything is better with nutritional yeast!
- Soba noodles. Great for stir fry or for a super quick dinner – they only take 3 minutes to boil. Plus, they’re heavy in protein!
- Ground flaxseed. We typically put flax in our oatmeal, but it also gets mixed in smoothies or in peanut butter. Sometime I use a flax and water to substitute for eggs in baking recipes.
- Eight O’Clock coffee – decaf and regular. We’re not huge coffee snobs, but we do know some brands taste better than others. Eight O’Clock is cheap but doesn’t taste cheap (at least to us).
- Coconut oil. We’re not loyal to a particular brand (we like both Nutiva and Nature’s Way – whichever is cheapest). We use coconut oil for popcorn, but Dave also really likes it in smoothies or even straight up (which makes me shudder).
- Vanilla Stevia (or regular Stevia). Dave likes stevia for his coffee, tea, and oatmeal. I haven’t tried using Stevia in baking yet, but I need to give it a whirl.
- Mother’s Milk tea. Definitely just for me. I got this to help my milk supply but I keep drinking it just because I love the taste!
We have Amazon Mom, so we use the “subscribe and save” option and get our products at 15% less. We also have been living on a free one-year trial of Amazon Prime and get free two-day shipping. Both are awesome! We put the extras in storage – either in a cupboard in the basement (soba noodles, tea, oats, pb) or in the freezer (coffee, yeast, nibs, flax).
What are 10 items you buy a lot at the grocery store? Do you do online grocery shopping?