In December I managed to read 9 books (thank you nursing, lazy Saturdays, and vacation!):
- Island Under the Sea by Isabel Allende
- Blindness by Jose Saramago
- The Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline Cooney (young adult)
- Whatever Happened to Janie by Caroline Cooney (young adult)
- The Voice on the Radio by Caroline Cooney (young adult)
- What Janie Found by Caroline Cooney (young adult)
- Plenty by Alisa Smith and J.B. Mackinnon (nonfiction)
- The Reading Promise by Alice Ozma (nonfiction)
- A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg (nonfiction)
Grade: A+. LOVED this book. Bookmarked about 12 different recipes in it, too. Each chapter is a short story talking about an experience and food and is followed by the corresponding recipe(s). The author keeps the blog Orangette.
In total this year I read 81 books and listened to 12 audio books. I read at least one book each month. My highest month was February (13 books) when we went to Florida on vacation (airplane plus poolside equals lots of reading!).
I’m also really glad I finished off the year with A Homemade Life. It was one of my favorites to read this year (it even made it to the books page!).
What were your favorite books this past year?