2011 was a different year for me, running-wise. It was the year of the too-tired to run first trimester, the pregnant half marathon, the hip injury that forced me to walk, and the post-baby return to running. Here’s how it all shook down:
- running: 34.5 miles
- walking: 22 miles
- running: 48.1 miles
- walking: 3.5 miles
- running: 65.7 miles
- walking: 23.5 miles
- running: 76.6 miles
- running: 23.3 miles
- walking: 1.5 miles
- walking: 129.8 miles
- walking: 134 miles
- running: 6 miles
- walking: 57.5 miles
- strolls with Leo that I didn’t log
- running: 37.7 miles
- running: 70.3 miles
- running: 94.5 miles
running: 456.6 miles
walking: 371.8 miles
total: 828.4 miles
Overall, I’m pleased with this. I would have liked to hit 100 miles in December, but a Tennessee Christmas (4,000 cookies plus time I wanted to spend with family rather than out running) overruled and I’m fine with that.
So. Looking ahead to 2012 I have a few races I’m eyeing or already signed up for:
- April 1: Towpath half marathon in Cleveland. I’m already registered!
- April: Holy Half half marathon at Notre Dame
- May: Pocono Run for the Red marathon in Strousburg, PA (this is the most tentative one, but also potentially the most fun if I can recruit some family members)
- September: Presque Isle marathon in Erie, PA with my sister (definite, although we’re not registered yet)
- October: Grand Rapids marathon?
- October: Towpath marathon in Cleveland?
It’s not much, but I definitely have more to add. I’m hoping to do 4-5 marathons (maybe more) this year, along with a couple halfs. I’d like to run a sub-4 hour marathon at Presque Isle with Kelly, but I’m hesitant to declare it a firm goal until I see how my training starts to shape up. Right now it’s an idea and a hope, but I haven’t labeled it a solid goal. Yet. I’d also like to run 2012 miles for 2012. That breaks down to 168 miles a month, roughly. This was definitely doable for me in 2010… so I’m hopeful it might be for 2012 as well!
I’ll take any suggestions for races – especially marathons. I especially favor those that don’t cost me an arm and a leg to run! While I mostly run flat races because that’s what I train on, I’d take a mildly hilly run, too, just for a good challenge.
Brag on yourself – how was 2011 for you in the area of fitness?