Yesterday Leo turned 4 months old! Here’s his schedule:
- 5am: I wake up and pump.
- 7am: feeding. He generally takes about 20 minutes. Afterwards is playtime! He loves his playmat and also talking to himself in the mirror. He still likes his bumbo chair and his bouncer, too. He’s definitely getting way better at grabbing things and bringing them to his face (or his mouth). He’ll also roll from belly to back. He loves diaper changes and standing while holding on to our thumbs.
- Somewhere between 8:30 and 9am he’ll go down for a nap (obvious signs of tiredness: gets fussy, rubs his eyes, burrows his head in my shoulder). He’ll sleep til his next feeding.
- 10:30am: feeding. Playtime!
- 12/12:30pm-2pm: naptime.
- 2pm: feeding. Playtime!
- 3:30/4pm-5:30pm: naptime.
- 5:30pm: feeding. Playtime!
- 7/7:30pm-8:30pm: naptime.
- 8:30pm: feeding (in the dark). Swaddled and immediately down for the night.
Got all that? Good. Now forget it, because his schedule just got completely reworked as of yesterday.
At Leo’s 4 month appointment he measured 24.75 inches (47th percentile) and 11lbs., 1oz. (7th percentile). Because his weight is on the small side, the doctor wants us to try to get him to take 6 feedings instead of 5. She wasn’t panicked about his weight (especially given that Dave is so lanky) and said he might just be more prone to being thin, but said she’d like to see if we could get a little more meat on him. So as of this morning, the schedule will be reworked to start at 5am and end at 8pm, with feedings every 3 hours (5am, 8am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm). This way Leo will get 6 feedings but still get a full night’s sleep as well. I’m not sure exactly when I’ll pump in the new schedule (to store up milk), so I still need to figure that out. We’re going to see how it works!