Soupe au Pistou (adapted from The Best Soups in the World)
- 1c. dried white beans, soaked in water overnight, drained
- 2 small zucchinis, chopped
- 4-6 carrots, chopped
- 3 leeks, white and light green part only, sliced thin
- 1/4c. olive oil
- 12c. water
- 1lb. frozen cut green beans
- 2 14.5oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 2 baked potatoes, diced in small pieces
- 1c. pesto
- 2t. salt
- 1c. ditali or small tubular pasta
Place the drained white beans in a large pot and cover with 10-12 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce, and simmer for 1 hour. Drain and set aside.
Saute the zucchini, carrots, leeks, and olive oil together over medium high heat for 8-10 minutes. Add the 12c. water, beans, green beans, tomatoes, potatoes, pesto, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the pasta and simmer for another 15 minutes, or until pasta and veggies are tender.
Five words: Get this in your belly.
I’m actually more excited about making this again in the fall/winter. It’s so hearty and cold-weather perfect!