The winner of the reader recipe poll is thai rice curry. Recipe and review Friday morning!
June’s books were pretty unremarkable. Not my best month of reading in terms of books that really grabbed my attention. You’ll have that sometimes, I guess! Anyway, here they are!
- Half-Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls
A. I want to read more of Jeannette Walls! This is the story of her grandmother, but it’s told like a novel. Fascinating and well written.
- The Horse and His Boy by CS Lewis (audiobook)
B. Not my favorite book of Narnia series, but pretty good.
The rest of these books all got a C grade from me. They were good but not great. Nothing remarkable or particularly memorable about them for me (although The White Bone is written from the perspective of an elephant, which is unique).
- The White Bone by Barbara Gowdy
- Shelter Me by Juliette Fay
- Pictures of You by Caroline Leavitt
- Invisible River by Helena McEwen
- Bound by Antonya Nelson