Leek and Zucchini Pasta
- 4c. dry pasta (I used whole wheat penne)
- 3 leeks, chopped in small pieces (see here for what part of the leek to use)
- 1 med. zucchini, chopped in small pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2T. olive oil
- 1/3c. dry white wine
- 1c. plain yogurt
- 1t. sage
- 1/2t. salt
- 1/4c. parmesan cheese, shredded
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the leeks, zucchini, and garlic, Saute for five minutes, or until zucchini is tender. Add the wine and simmer for five minutes. Stir in the yogurt, sage, salt, and parmesan. Bring mixture to a boil and simmer until slightly thickened.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according the instructions. Drain. Combine the pasta and sauce together. Serves 6.
Another winner dinner! The sauce was light – very summery. Leeks have such a delicate, subtle flavor- they’re so delicious! And the sauce was just creamy enough to feel decadent, but light enough that you didn’t feel heavy afterwards. Plus, this whipped up in less than 30 minutes. LOVE THAT.
Have you cooked with leeks? What’s your favorite leek recipe?