Can you believe this is the last week of the second trimester? Weeks 16-26!
And today – 27 weeks!
Fun things that happened this trimester:
- We found out we’re having a BOY!
- We picked a name – but we’re not telling!
- I feel baby boy move A LOT more – and way stronger! Sometimes I can even see my stomach move when he kicks!
- I took not just one but two glucose tests for gestational diabetes. ( I failed the first but passed the second!)
- I ran the Holy Half Marathon (2:27:32) with Dave and the Indy Mini Marathon (2:14:37) with my sister and 2 cousins!
- I hurt my hip and haven’t been able to run for 16 days (hip update to come tomorrow!).
- I haven’t had many cravings but macaroni and cheese has been consumed way more than normal (both Annie’s boxed version and homemade). Vegetables are okay but I don’t love them like I used to. I do love carbs. All the time. In mass quantities.
- I’m still sleeping great! I get up to pee about once a night, but other than that my sleep is undisturbed! I loooove my giant C-shaped pregnancy pillow. It’s crazy comfortable.
- I’m definitely not as tired as I was first trimester. I’ve only taken a handful of naps this trimester. Most of the time I feel really normal. And although I have a bump, it hasn’t started to throw me off yet with balance or feeling like I’m carrying extra weight.
They say the 2nd trimester is the best – you have the most energy and feel your best. I definitely have, even though the 1st trimester was pretty easy for me, too (no sickness, just some fleeting nausea and extra tiredness). I’m excited for the 3rd trimester: to get bigger, to feel baby even more, and in holy-crap-13-more-or-less-weeks to meet him!!
Question of the day: what should I do with my hands next week? I’m running out of ideas!