Yesterday was a long day. A loooong day.
I’m in Oklahoma City through Wednesday morning for a conference for work. The original plan was for me to fly to Oklahoma City from Fort Wayne and to arrive at 10AM. My coworker was going to fly from Indianapolis and arrive at 11AM. Here’s how the day really broke down:
- 4AM: wake up
- 4:45AM: leave my aunt and uncle’s house
- 5:15AM: arrive at airport
- 6:15AM: leave Fort Wayne airport
- 8:35AM: arrive in Dallas. Receive text from my coworker that her flight got delayed, rerouted, and she now won’t get in til 2:30PM.
- 9:15AM: depart Dallas
- 10AM: arrive in Oklahoma City
- 10:30AM: grab a burrito from Moe’s before I leave the terminal. Check in at the car rental place, pick up our car key, then head back to the terminal to wait for my coworker.
- 11AM: inhale burrito
- 11:10AM: realize I’m now stuck in the most boring airport ever. Ticket counters, one coffee shop, that’s it. No place to walk, no places to browse for fun. Thanks goodness I grabbed a burrito.
- 11:15AM: start reading
- 2PM: realize my coworker’s flight has been delayed again. New ETA: 3:30PM.
- 2:45PM: finish my book.
- 3PM: randomly see my friend’s dad in the airport. Briefly talk.
- 3:18PM: Coworker’s plane lands
- 3:45: finally leave airport
- 4:30: arrive at hotel
- 4:45: go to dinner at McAlister’s
- 6PM: back at the hotel, in pajamas
I was in bed early. What made the day even longer? Oklahoma City is an hour behind, so all in all, it was one crazy long day. For all that sitting and reading I was so tired!
Yes, I could have taken the rental car and gone somewhere and come back to the airport, but I am terrible (really terrible) at directions, and it seemed like a recipe for me to be lost somewhere. I don’t have a smart phone and the car didn’t have GPS, so it was just a big recipe for disaster.
What’s your favorite airport? I love small airports for checking in, but if I’m stranded please please please give me a big one!
Don’t forget to vote in the reader recipe poll!