I decided to do something different this time for the reader recipe poll and to make a video! There were a couple different FAIL moments during the making though…
- The blender broke, started roaring, and never quite finished blending the smoothies. Unfortunately, this was not caught on video because…
- The camera cut off at 3:00… which I didn’t know that it did, so I kept right on talking and blending.
Regardless, let’s power through! First, here’s the video, which will walk you through the beginning stages of smoothie making.
Of course, this misses the blender getting louder and louder until it’s quite obviously not right. Dave and I were able to get it to finish at a lower speed, although it’s not quite as “smooth” a smoothie as I might prefer. Still delicious!
Fantastic breakfast, FAIL moments and all!
Peach Berry Green Smoothie
- 3 slices frozen peaches
- 1/3c. frozen raspberries
- 2T. ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1c. milk (any kind)
- 1-2 bunches kale, pulled from the stem
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
Put all the ingredients in the blender. Push down with a small spatula. Blend. Continue to alternate pushing down and blending until all ingredients catch. Blend until smooth. Pour and serve! Makes 1 large smoothie.
Hope you enjoy!!