Tried some new muffins today, from Camilla – love them!!!
Dave requested meatloaf for dinner and I had some extra spinach I wanted to use before it spoiled, so I found a simple recipe on allrecipes.com. I made some additions of garlic, onion, and herbs to up the flavor, and it came out great!
Superfood Super Muffins
- 3c. wheat flour
- 4T. ground flaxseed
- 2t. baking powder
- 3t. ground ginger
- 2t. cinnamon
- 1t. salt
- 1/2c. sugar
- 2c. pumpkin
- 1 1/2c. vanilla yogurt (recipe called for plain but I only had vanilla so I used that and then halved the sugar. turned out really well!)
- 3/4c. oil (I didn’t have applesauce but next time I’m trying it that way)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2c. dried fruit (the recipe called for 1c. but I only had 1/2, and this seemed to suffice. The batter is moist and delicious enough you only need the fruit to complement, not carry it.)
Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet. Combine until just mixed. Drop in greased muffin tin. Bake 25 minutes at 350. Makes about 20. About 150 cals/muffin (will be less with applesauce sub)
Spinach Mozzarella Meatloaf
- 1.5lb. gr. beef
- 1 (10oz.) pkg. frozzen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (I used fresh, wilted in the skillet with the onion)
- 1 1/2c. bread crumbs
- 1 1/2c. mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- onion, diced and slightly browned
- basil (fresh)
Combine. Bake at 350 for an hour in a greased pan.
Stopped at the farmer’s market today and got green beans, fingerling potatoes, and 2 dozen corn. We had some corn and potatoes with the meatloaf, and I just finished boiling the other 20 ears for freezing! Hooray!!